- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus experience in bulk material handling terminals.
- Must have vacuum, fuel and tractor head experience.
- Must have minimum of 2 years vacuum truck experience.
- Must be able to successfully work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to detail, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- In order to appropriately perform the essential duties of this job, regular work attendance is required.
- Boilermaker experience preferred.
- Able to carry out supervisors instructions.
- Self motivated.
- Safety in performance of duties common to the position.
- Ability to work with others.
- TWIC is required.
- Heavy Equipment License or Commercial Driver’s License.
PREFERRED TRAITS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Adhere to company rules and work practices.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfills obligations.
- Meet deadlines for assignments.
- Maintain good attendance practices.
- Use time wisely and efficiently.
- Perform multiple tasks to completion.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others to work together to accomplish task.
- Work effectively with other personnel in various departments.
- Welcome new assignments and challenges.
- Ability to wear/use any personal protective equipment provided by employer.
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time while transporting hazardous materials.
- Must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections.
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, as well as grasp, lift, and handle heavy equipment as necessary, to ensure safety during the hooking and dropping processes of tractor/trailer combinations.
- The ability to climb upon the trailer to ensure closure of all valves following loading or unloading and when dealing with sections of hose that may exceed 20’ in length, measure as many as 4” in diameter, and weigh as much as 75 lbs. This is to ensure safe and proper practice when coupling, and when disconnecting hose.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing, vision and smell.
- Position may require working evening hours and weekends as needed.
- Maintain mental capacity, which permits quickly making sound decisions and using good judgment, and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a traffic & background check and will need to possess a valid TWIC card. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and job appropriate medical testing. This position is a fill in position and will be fo 3-4 weeks.